Services & Skills
For Tourism and Hospitality Agencies – project management in quality scheme development, quality advice, training and consultancy to partners and quality assessment programmes.
For small and large hotels/accommodation providers – advice, help and training through one-to-one sessions or workshops to improve operational standards, increase business and grow profits.
- Hotel consultancy – how successful is your business?
- Has your business run out of steam or lost its way?
- How are you marketing your business?
- Quality service standards – advice and help, mystery guest visits, benchmarking.
- Restaurant consultancy – food tastings, how to improve your menu and wine list.
- People – help with recruitment and team training.
- In a nutshell –the sort of dynamic advice from the TV “Hotel Inspector” but without the public exposure.
Ways Peter can work with you
- One-off sessions (1-1 or workshop).
- Quarterly review meetings.
- Annual mentoring programme (see the Caterer 29/1/09 – Page 8).
- Non-executive director.
- Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality, Fellow of the Tourism Society, and qualified EFQM assessor with the British Quality Foundation (2011).
- International Assessor for the Improving Competitiveness in Tourism Project, Republic of the Philippines (May/June 2014).
- Clients include Visit Kent, Hospitality Assured, Hampshire Hospitality Awards, Wales True Taste Awards, Tourism South East, Visionary Dining, LiveTourism and various individual hotels and restaurants.
- Peter was consultant on “The Hotel” - Channel 4 ’s primetime fly-on-the-wall TV documentary, screened January/February 2013.
- Previous clients have included Visit England, Visit London, Tourism South East, Visit Wales, London Development Agency, One North East, Bournemouth University, Alistair Sawday Guides and the Hospitality Skills Academy.
- Speaker on “UK Quality – the way forward” at the international Collabor8 conference in April 2010.
- Before my freelance career, I worked for over 15 years in UK hotel and restaurant guides, carrying out assessment and consultancy with Egon Ronay and then the AA; I was Chief Hotel & Restaurant Inspector from 2003-2008.
Previously, I worked for 15 years in the hotel & restaurant industry, including ownership and management of a country house hotel, which won red Michelin, AA red stars and rosette awards.